Core Principles: Visual Design for Interactive Media
Students delve into the intersection of information visualization and user interface design. Through the exploration of key principles and methodologies of these fields, students develop a working knowledge of the means by which dynamic media systemswebsites, games, information aggregators, mobile device applications, etc.organize, visualize and present information to the end users of screen-based media. Students learn and use industry methodologies to develop information-intensive interactive projects through a series of progressive assignments. Prerequisite(s): ITGM 120 or ITGM 122, ITGM 130.
1. Students will learn about the interconnections between information design and user interface design.
2. Students will gain exposure to the processes by which data sets are transformed into working knowledge.
3. Students will learn about and apply fundamental interface models.
4. Students will examine the specifics of information visualization.
5. Students will learn about the interconnections between information design and user interface design.
1. Students will identify, research, organize and present data sets through digital and non-digital interactive forms.
2. Students will evaluate the appropriateness and success of information architecture and user interface solutions in existing products and digital artifacts.
3. Students will apply principles of user interface design and information visualization solutions for interfaces, websites, applications and data sets.
(All Projects will follow this structure)
_ Information architecture
– Flow maps
– Low/Med Figma prototype
– User testing
– Visual design
– Hi-fi Figma prototype
– Final PPT presentation
SKETCH CHECKLIST Are you:
___ Using black pen?
___ Not erasing?
___ Using UX templates?
___ Applying the two marks?